Monday, February 13, 2012

Old letters, Stamps, Notes

This weekend I have decided to clean a part of my closet... to make room for a bunch of new clothes.XD

What I found were boxes, after tin cans, after wooden boxes [Lol] of long lost treasures.>_<"" Hahaha. Most of them forgotten. [More about this on a later post! :D]

Found some old letters I have been looking for [Remember this post when I said I was going to post some more stamps from here and there]! Kept pretty neatly in an old chinese mooncake tincan. [cannot believe it has been 9years since.:3]

Spent most of my early weekend hours reading! :P Haha.

-



Note-passing in class-- kept a lot of these. But I think it's finally time to throw some away.. those that didn't actually make sense to me anymore.XD



-

Have always liked writing letters to people, and would talk about the most random things.>_<

Well, back when having penpals was still the 'in' thing, I would find people to write to.:P But once a letter bounced back to me.T_T



..Which I still kept, thinking it had traveled all the way to France and back! XDD

[Couldn't actually read French at that time, I only knew that it was something like 'Return to Sender', but now it actually makes more sense.:D]

I also still kept the letter inside, written legibly.=_=""



Haha. One thing I liked about these exchanges was also receiving pretty stationeries and sending them.:D

Like this miffy stationery, although I didn't know the character miffy yet at that time.

is this a fake miffy though??

-

Letters from a friend in California:



The stamps are really nice~~ *_*

Some of them had US postage labels instead (see bottom right part):


More stamps up-close:



Seems this stamp can be re-used??:P





I like these fruit ones too:


..Still wished this was sent with a stamp instead..XD


And more:




-

Have not seen this handwriting for such a long time, still as neat as it ever was!



Funny how I can still relate to this after all these years:

I love classics, and read lots of them! But Moby Dick was one book I could never ever finish! I must've gotten through a few chapters and then thought 'I coudln't even remember what just happened!'-- yes, it was that boring!

Back when I was still a fast-reader and a regular one, I would finish several books a day and couldn't wait to pick up another one.XD -- I liked the feeling of seeing another world in the book I read... I would spend lunch breaks in the school library until I finished all the good ones.=_= (In primary, naughty me would keep the book I was reading somewhere "safe".. I don't borrow since I always forget to return the book and end up paying overdues.=S Heh.)

Now I find it impossible to do (the reading a book part!)...;P

-

Was also fun to see what kind of stickers other people have!:3



Was usually a battle of who had the nicest ones! XD Lol.

-

Partially opened??? Yeah right.


-



-

A very artistic way to write your letters:



..and don't forget to write it in glittery/neon/ milky ink to make it even harder to read! (I would write like this too, and my friends would complain to me saying their eyes hurt from reading.>_<". Haha.).:P

-

Oh, these stickers used to be very popular! *_* I used all of mine up.



But good thing I still have these!:P
Didn't use them and left them untouched.XD

~

There was another time when I was addicted to a boyband-- Westlife, and MTV Graffiti Wall--[an online BB where you can share stuff about music]-- was like my current Messenger/Twitter/Facebook.

Had experience exchanging boyband goodies with a common fan in Malaysia,





The good thing was we both liked a different member of the band, so I sent her her fave and she sent me mine.XD



These were like surprise gift packagee I would patiently wait for.XD



Although this was a little shortlived, the exchanges were fun.:P

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin