Monday, June 30, 2014

DIY :: Sewing :: Dress cropped into a skirt.

So there's this dress I bought because I love the pleated skirt...



In sections..



However I do not quite like the cut of the top part. I got this at a bargain and the quality wasn't as nice.



Here is what I'd like to keep. (This is how it's supposed to look after the alteration)



I love the brihht orange colour and the pleats.



So to atart with, I laid it out on a flat surface and decided where I want to start cutting.



This is the part I want to keep..



So I left an allowance and pullad the garter from the seams.





I started placing pins to keep the fabric in place; and a few hours later,
I turned this dress...



...into a skirt!:p



--

I haven't had the chance to wear it yet but I will.. soon! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin