Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Photography, rewind.

Had a photowalk at one of the country's oldest districts (taken quite some time ago-- three years ago to be exact)...

Here are some of the ones I've picked out.



A station atop the fortress in B&W.



The sky looks so calm..





The street in monochrome, looks better than in colour, truth be told.
And I love the cobbled walk!



The fortress was built during the Spanish colonization. Have had a tour of this before, should have paid more attention.>_<"
-- from what I read, this was built as far back as 1603, damaged, and reconstructed in 1733 (bomb-proof and all) made to withstand attacks and protect the Real / Inner City.


Architecture reminiscent of the past and what it was once before. (oops, I think I over-sharpened this!)



..And more. I love the beautiful detail that frames the door. The signages too.





I entered the door and this is what it looks like inside.







(I visited on a weekend, and there was no one at the door. I think you have to pay to see the rest of this casa.)

Street names that remained.



And now some more colour, the church nearby.





I shall post some photos of above-mentioned church next time, the façade actually looks superb... I don't think I managed to take a good photo of it though.

--

The reason why I came across these photos again was when I was planning my trip to Madrid and thought-- this looks blah, and that looks like blah! ... Could be the reason why I'm not so thrilled about visiting Madrid!:P But who knows, I've never been, and might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin