Monday, June 20, 2011

Mouth-watering Melon-pan, メロンパン

With lack of anything to do [-- although there really is a lot to do...n_n""], I thought to do some sculpting and modelling.

This is a japanese "melon-pan".

これがメロンパンです。:)



おいしそうよね。

It took up most of my afternoon but I'm completely satisified with the stuff I managed to do.

-

Here is a look at what it looked like prior to baking:



The melon-pans, all ready to be baked.




-

After about 30-40 mins, here is the result:



Which do you think is better? Glazed or the un-glazed ones?



[front - glazed // back - un-glazed]


I have decided to glaze them all anyway.:)

Some are also more brown/burnt than the others. Depends on one's preference.




I personally like them a little more brown.


~

And here they are, chilling cooling down,



Next is to put them in a nice clear bag, preferably one with cool designs on them.
(I was out of them bags with cute designs, so I used the basic one instead.)



..And give them out to your friends (which I'm sure they would love to receive!)



--

More inedible goodies in the making.;) Check back soon.

1 comment:

  1. hello miyuu! im bask to blogging! those melon-pans look real and delicious! why dont u try making real ones as well!

    oohhh, its would be so cute if you would sculpt a woven picnic basket made of clay, and then make different types of bread and put it in the basket!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin