Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Buon Anno - roman hangover

Happy New Year!! :3



Photo from one of the markets in Rome, they have a load of these stuff!



We stayed at a bed and breakfast near Piazza Navona, one of the most bustling places to be in Rome. XD



Here you can find some famous landmarks(mostly fountains by renowned sculptors).
In this photo: the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, with an obelisk in the middle. Behind it, the Church of Sant Agnese in Agone.



Beautiful sight.

The place is filled with people in the evening! In my case, it was right before Christmas, such a busy place.



In the morning it was calm, with only a few stalls setting up their wares for the afternoon.



Fontana del Nettuno



Almost everything in Rome was a beautiful work of art. The fountains, the churches -- but only in the city centre. The outskirts were disappointing and modern.XD But Itallians are so far the nicest people I've encountered in my trip to Europe, and for that-- my first post of the year! :D

(of course, there are many more cities I have yet to visit! :3)

--

I hope this year will be just as wonderful-- even better. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin