Friday, November 01, 2013

Food Review :: Sze Chuan House

When it started to rain, we made a spur of the moment decision to eat here.



The place has been around for as long as I can remember, and most of the funishings are old and dated.



The entrance is lined with buddhist statues and some other (I'm guessing) religious antiquities.



--

Sze-Chuan Chicken (Sze-chuan style dishes are supposedly spicy but this was so-so. :O)



It tasted nice but didn't hit the right spot... something like that.



Stir-fried Beef -- tasted like home, and I rather liked it. Though I would have prefered more onions.:D



A clay=pot filled with mushrooms, veg, squid, and sea cucumber -- This was nice! the texture of the the sea cucumber was just right as well.





Fried chicken -- was rather bland. The chips that came with it were too hard.



Shrimps -- were too dry and overcooked. I have never tasted shrimps this bad in a long time, to be honest. :O




What I loved best from tonight's dinner was the Xiao Long Bao, I love dimsum and this almost always never fails! XD





***
Sze Chuan House - @R.Blvd

Overall:
Food 7/10 [was rather expensive for something that tasted average]
Service 8/10 [dishes took forever to be served but the staff were very nice]
Presentation 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin